Sea Ventures Dive Center, established in 1988, is a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Center. We were on of the first dive centers establish on the island. We have many years of experience providing great diving offshore Fajardo and throughout the Spanish Virgin Islands.
Sea Ventures Dive Center in Fajardo is your scuba & snorkel gateway to the aquatic world of the Enchanted Island known as Puerto Rico, and its Spanish Virgin Islands!
Whether you are interested in underwater guided tours, seeking your first Scuba Diving experience, looking to advance beyond your current certification level, or just want to snorkel about in our warm Caribbean waters — Sea Ventures Dive Center is a great destination!
The sites that we dive or snorkel are just a short boat trip offshore Fajardo, and are made up of an archipelago of small uninhabited coral island atolls, so that our captain is able to anchor leeward off of the little islands making for calm sea conditions, interesting coral reefs and abundant sea life!
We are: Dive Charters – PADI Scuba Diving Classes – – Manufacturer Certified Equipment Repair. Certified by: Puerto Rico Tourism Dept. – Natural Resources Department of Puerto Rico – U.S. Coast Guard. We offer PADI Diver Certification classes thru Instructor Development Courses.
Foremost in dive excursions with up to three trips daily, equipment sales and service, Sea Ventures is Puerto Rico’s preferred PADI 5 Star Dive Center.
Fajardo: Diving depths range from 15 to 80 feet (6 – 30 meters) depending on weather and sea conditions.
Vieques: Diving depths range from 60 – 120 feet. (18 – 27 meters) depending on weather and sea conditions.
Culebra: Diving depths range from 20 to 60 feet (7 – 20 meters) depending on weather and sea conditions.
Fajardo and Culebra : Visibility ranges from 20 to 70 feet, with the ocean floor usually being the limit.
Vieques: Visibility ranges from 40 to 100+ feet.
Fajardo: About 8 different dive sites, just offshore a chain of tiny coral island atolls we call “cayos”.
Culebra: About 3 dive sites.
Vieques: About 10 different dive sites.
There are some mild currents but they do not generally affect the diving areas.
WHAT IS THE NUMBER AND SIZE OF OUR BOATS?
We have two 46′ Newton Dive Boats.
HOW LONG IS THE BOAT RIDE OUT TO THE DIVE SITES?
Fajardo: 27 minutes approximately from the pier.
Culebra: 1 hour approximately from the pier.
Vieques: 45 minutes approximately from the pier.
ARE THE SEAS ROUGH?
After 10:00 a.m. it can be windy. Usually May through December have the calmest seas. Fajardo having more protection from the wind and swells usually has calmer seas than Fajardo. Motion sickness pill taken at least 1:00 hour before departure is recommended for those prone to motion sickness.
DO DIVEMASTERS OR INSTRUCTORS DIVE WITH US?
Yes! There is always PADI Instructors on the boat. All our Dives are guided dives with our PADI Professionals.
WHAT TYPES OF MARINE LIFE MIGHT I SEE?
A wide variety of fish including: Grunts, Doctorfish, Ocean Durgeon, Surgeon fish, Squirrelfish, and Blackbar Soldier Fish, with Grey, French Angelfish. Turtles and a variety of Rays are frequently seen along with Moray Eels, Lobsters, Crabs, Mollusks, Hermit Crabs, Anenomes, Feather Duster Worms, and Garden Eels. Numerous types of hard coral formations with encrusting sponges, gorgonians, sea fans, barrel sponges and soft corals dotting the seascape.
OUR CANCELLATION POLICY
You have the right to cancel your dive reservations up to 5:00 pm the night before the dive, if you cancel after that or do not show up for the dive in the morning, then we will charge you for the spaces you reserved- however if you cancel by 5:00 PM the night before there is no penalty. To cancel do NOT send an email or leave a voicemail, cancellation must be made directly with our reservations.
- PADI MSDT Instructor, DDI Instructor, EFR Instructor, PADI SWIM School Instructor, USCG Boat Captain
- Master degree in Accounting
- Loves to dive, make Jewlery and paint. Has been working in Sea Ventures since 2010.
- She actually dives with waterproof make up and comes out looking the same!
- PADI Course Director, DDI Instructor, EFR Instructor Trainer, PADI SWIM School Instructor Trainer, USCG Boat Captain, bachelors degree in accounting.
- Luis used to do IronMan Triathlon and was a National Champion swimmer for Puerto Rico by the time he was 7!
- Everyone calls him “Luisito” when in fact he should be Big Luis.
- PADI OWSI Instructor, EFR Instructor, USCG Boat Captain.
- Was born in South Africa. His family is from Portugal and he lived most of his life in New Jersey.
- He likes to do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- PADI MSDT Instructor, Cave diver,EFR instructor, USCG Boat Captain/ Artisan.
- Jay has worked as an instrcutor in many countries around the world from India to Thailand.
- He will always tell you to “Go with flow”
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor, EFR Instructor is working on his PHD in Marine Biologist
- He’s looks very strict and he is, but he is one of the most patience instructors you will ever meet.
- He’s a very loyal friend to all of us!
- PADI OWSI Instructor, EFR Instructor, Certified Tour Guide.
- He’s our transportation provider.
- He’s not related to the chipmunk and claims Yil is “his sister from another mister”
- PADI Divemaster, Bachelor Degree in Coastal Marine Biology, Reef Check Eco Diver , CPR & First Aid Certified.
- She’s a talented artist and she shows great pride in being a Puertorrican women.
- You will meet her at check in with a big and warm smile on her face.
- Accounting Student , USCG 100 ton Boat Captain
- Youngest Captain in Sea Ventures, Plays baseball and loves Motocross Riders.
- PADI Master Scuba Trainer, Emergency, First Response Instructor, USCG Captain and has Bachelor Degree in Coastal Marine Biology .
- He’s our Carpenter, he knows how to build Small boats.
- Makes the best “Long Island Ice tea”
- He claims he’s been diving since “1900 que te importa”
- PADI OW Instructor EFR Instructor, YMCA/BSA Lifeguard and he’s also a Bartender.
- He’s a Dog Lover and loves hiking.
- He’s very funny and nice. We call him “Cepillin” because he resembles the famous Mexican clown.