Sea Ventures COVID-19 Safety Measures
Sea Ventures has responded to the current COVID-19 pandemic by implementing Safe WorkplacePractices that will help ensure that our diving and snorkeling activities be conducted as safely as possible for both our guests and our staff, while continuing to uphold boating safety standards. We know these practices can be uncomfortable and cumbersome but we have implemented them with our best intention to keep everyone safe, have our dive center open and be able to continue to provide the great customer service that we are known for.
All of our Customers must bring Proof of vaccination card with full doses or a Negative COVID test ( 72 or less)upon arrival. Must show it at check in. Customer that do not bring it will NOT be permitted on board.
All of our Staff is fully Vaccinated
Specific processes are defined below, but all staff and guests should practice:
- Clean: Clean and disinfect any shared surfaces or equipment and wash hands frequently.
- Distancing: Practice current social distancing recommendations (min of 6ft).
- Cover: It is required to Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering at all times. Expect when in when in the water.
Distribution, Cleaning and Disinfection of Shared Surfaces, Equipment and SCUBA Gear
- We provide a brand new sealed mouthpiece at check-in for each guest for installation on your primary second stage regulator. You may install the new mouthpiece yourself or if desired, one of the Sea Ventures helpful staff can do it for you.
- Sea Ventures, Inc. will employ a dedicated person who will be trained in and will follow the Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting Boats and Boat Specific Equipment.
- Shared surfaces, equipment and SCUBA gear (masks / snorkels/ wetsuits/ BCDs/ Regs) will be cleaned, disinfected using a disinfecting product on the EPA’s “N-List and dried before reuse.
- If you brought your own gear, there will be a designated area for you to clean the gear that is separated from our rinsing stations.
Limiting the Capacity of Boats
Sea Ventures has 3 – 46’ Newton Dive/Snorkel boats, each with 2 decks, dual sea ladders and a big comfortable swim platform.
- Our boats are US Coast Guard certified to carry 37 divers or 49 snorkelers. To ensure maximum space and safe distancing for our guests Sea Ventures has limited the number of guests permitted onboard our boats to a maximum of 18 to 20 Divers or 35 Snorkelers depending on the group size.
- Each of our boats will have a Hand Sanitizer station located on the dock at boat entrance. All guests MUST use Hand Sanitizer prior to boarding the boat.
- As well, – onboard our boats there are Hand Sanitizer stations available for use anytime.
- When reserving please either email us at [email protected] or send us a text message at 787-342-1618.
- Once we have gotten back to you with a confirmation please do the following
- If you are a certified diver please send via email or text a picture photo of your certification card and, to smooth your check-in, also include your shoe size, your buoyancy compensator size and your wetsuit size. (No worries if you are not sure of these – our staff can certainly fit you out when you arrive.)
- Prior to your arrival, please take a minute to fill out our electronic waiver form. The diving/snorkeling waiver form is located: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=KdLccsrHu0…
- A completed waiver is required for each guest.
- Sea Ventures has instituted mandatory temperature checks for all guests. Before checking-in, guest’s temperatures will be scanned using our no-contact temperature devices. Guests with a temperature of 100.3 degrees or over will be restricted from participating in Sea Ventures diving or snorkeling excursions.
- During this trying time of COVID-19, we remind our guests that we follow CDC Guidelines and ask that if you are unable to maintain minimum six feet of separation that you please comply with the guidelines and wear protective face covering or breathing masks. Should you require, Sea Ventures will have breathing masks and face coverings available at check-in.
- A Hand Sanitizer Station is located at the entrance to our shop. Please note: A maximum of 3 persons at a time will be permitted in the shop.
- Staff temperature is taken daily by Sea Ventures management. Staff members found to have elevated temperature (100.3 degrees or greater will not be permitted to participate, Staff members showing any symptoms related to COVID19 will be sent home immediately and are required to get tested.
- Sea Ventures Staff are required to wear face mask at all times, except while participating in activities in the water.
- Staff is required to comply with CDC Guidelines, they will maintain social distancing and they will wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
Common Areas Cleaning
- Staff will disinfect all touch point surfaces each morning and each afternoon.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected every 30 minutes by assigned Staff member.
Scuba and snorkeling equipment disinfecting process
- We disinfect all dive & snorkel gear daily. That includes BCD, regulator, mask, snorkel, snorkel vest, fins, wetsuit, weights and tanks.
- We use disinfectant from the ones approved by the EPA for breathing equipment.
- List of disinfectants we use: List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 | US EPA
- We are offering great deals on private charters so you can share the boat with those know or those you love most.
Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting Boats and Boat Specific Equipment[Y1]
The following are minimum standards that must be followed when cleaning/disinfecting Sea Ventures, Inc. vessels and vessel specific equipment. Users will adhere to these standards while following all applicable health, safety, and environmental laws.
All boat surfaces and boating related equipment that are touched by the operator or crew will be cleaned/disinfected at the end of the operating day ensuring the following three-part strategy (in this order) is completed in its entirety:
1) Rinsed or wiped down with clean, soapy water.
2) Disinfected with an environmentally safe, EPA approved disinfectant
3) Allowed to dry for a minimum of 12 hours before re-use.
The following is a minimum list of surfaces (touchpoints) and equipment that will be cleaned/disinfected after use:
● Electronic Equipment: GPS, Radar, VHF, Tachometer, Trim Tab Switches, Keys.
● Boat Specific Surfaces: Handrails, Swim Steps, Gunnels, Anchor/Chain, Fenders, Dash, Helm, Door Handles, Deck Hatch Handles, Valve Handles, Marine Head.
● Safety Kits/Equipment (only if used): Oxygen Kit, First Aid Kit, Emergency Signaling Equipment, Dive Flag, Current Line and Float Ball.
The following guidelines must be followed when cleaning/disinfecting boats and boat specific equipment:
● All personnel will wear face covering while cleaning/disinfecting boats and boat specific equipment.
● When there is a significant chance of chemical runoff into the environment, only non- toxic, biodegradable EPA approved chemicals are allowed to be used when cleaning vessels and equipment.
● All cleaning/disinfection supplies will be provided, will be checked for expiration and will be used per manufacturer instructions.
● Electronics, steering wheel, throttle, safety kits and communal handrails will be wiped down with clean/potable soapy water then disinfected and left to dry.
● Communal surfaces such as anchors, anchor chain, gunnels, swim step rails, etc. should be rinsed with high pressure clean water before being sprayed with an environmentally friendly EPA approved disinfectant and left to dry.
● Equipment made from a suitable material and that can be safely removed from the vessel and cleaned/disinfected in a sink or bucket can be disinfected with a diluted bleach solution prepared by mixing 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water or 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water. Bleach solutions should not be used where follow up rinsing poses a threat to the environment.